EOS 5D Mark III – firmware v1.1.3
Canon has released firmware version 1.1.3 for the EOS 5D Mark III to add support for the new EF 40mm f/2.8 STM pancake lens, fix a few minor glitches with other lenses and improve the menu translations for a number of languages.
Firmware Version 1.1.3 incorporates the following improvements and fixes-
- Supports the single focal length EF40mm f/2.8 STM lens that is to be released at the end of June 2012
- Fixes a phenomenon in which an image may become underexposed when using the Auto Lighting Optimizer for continuous Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB) shooting
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the backlight of the LCD monitor may not turn off depending on the camera settings and timing
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera’s power may not turn on when a super-telephoto lens (EF 300mm F2.8L IS II USM / EF 400mm F2.8L IS II USM) is mounted to the camera with an extender (Extender EF 1.4X III / Extender EF 2X III)
- Corrects mistakes in the Dutch, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, and Swedish menu screens
Firmware Version 1.1.3 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.1.2. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.1.3, it is not necessary to download this firmware.Download EOS 5D Mark III firmware v1.1.3 from Canon
EOS 60D/60Da – firmware v1.1.1
Canon has also updated the firmware for the EOS 60D and EOS 60Da cameras, it primarily corrects an issue with the not being able to display the camera serial number recorded in images.
Firmware Version 1.1.1 incorporates the following fixes-
- Fixes a phenomenon where the camera’s serial number that is displayed in the shooting information of the image, does not display the correct serial number
- Corrects errors in the Greek, Italian, and Portuguese menu screens
If the camera’s serial number is 2147483648 or higher and the camera firmware is Version 1.1.0 or earlier, the images captured with the camera will be affected by the phenomenon listed above.
This phenomenon only affects the EOS 60D, and does not affect the EOS 60Da. Both of these cameras are equipped with the same firmware.
To obtain the serial number correctly in the shooting information of images that are already captured using the old firmware, we are preparing updates for Digital Photo Professional and ZoomBrowser EX / ImageBrowser applications. Digital Photo Professional 3.11.31 or higher is available for download and allows the correct display of serial numbers for images captured with and EOS 60D or EOS 60Da using firmware prior to version 1.1.1
Firmware Version 1.1.1 is for cameras with Firmware Version 1.1.0. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.1.1, it is not necessary to update the firmware.Is your camera running the latest firmware?
Do you have a different camera model?
Don’t forget we have a complete listing of current firmware for all digital EOS cameras and it’s kept updated continuously. We know people like it as it’s one of the top most visited pages on the site each and every month.